Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Soap Talk



So it makes sense to start with the soap that you use everyday.


Thanks to my partner who -was- addicted to the great smelling bright blue Dial Antibacterial Body Wash, and is very skeptical of the whole green stuff... I used Dial for long years but we know now that Triclosan is no friend to humans so that was one of my very firsts quests...to find a good soap, nothing complicated just soap.

Tom's of Maine: No triclosan (yay,) No artificial fragances, No hippie smell, No harsh on MY skin, mild enough for my face (and I got very sensitive - rosacea prone skin,) affordable ($4.54-ish). Ouchs: You may go through a bottle in less than a couple of weeks if you don't move it to one with a pump. No coupons on website.



Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps 18-in-1 Hemp Unscented Baby Mild Pure Castile Soap Made with Organic Oils: I diluted the bottle into 4 of the same size so it was like 4 bottles, I can use it on my hair, hand soap, dishes... It really cleans! It makes a nice foam for those used to other foamy products, no weird smells, very affordable $5.99-ish for 8oz. Ouchs: The weird yet noble writtings all over the bottle. Dilute in water as the bottle indicates because otherwise it will overdry your skin. No coupons on website.

My Veredict: Start with Tom's Stuff, graduate to Dr. Bronner's, it replaces a bunch stuff (dog shampoo, dish soap, hand soap, body soap, bla bla bla.) May be keep Tom's soap for the guest bathroom.

No comments: